Source/Author : Ethan Zindler
Access to the complete study : https://bit.ly/2UoiNtc
Published at : 7th March 2019
Presentation to the World Bank Group Energy & Extractives Week
● New energy technology costs have dropped farther and faster than many anticipated.
● This is rapidly making clean energy viable in many new countries and contexts.
● These trends – cheaper renewables + batteries, more efficient appliances – will continue over the next decade thanks to economies of scale.
● The changes alone will not make it possible to deliver universal energy access by 2030.
● But they will make getting there far less costly.
● Better policies and cooperation from governments, state-owned utilities, and others will be required.
● But this is doable!